Friday, September 17, 2010

Season of Prayer

The Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church (in the USA) has declared a Season of Prayer for Sudan.

I announced this at our weekly staff devotions this morning, and it was greeted by great applause from the Provincial staff of the Episcopal Church of Sudan. As we engage in prayer here in Sudan, it is encouraging to know that brothers and sisters in Christ in the US and other places around the world are praying with us.

CLICK HERE for resources, prayers, and action suggestions.

CLICK HERE
for the Episcopal News Service Article about the call to prayer

Below is an interview with the Presiding Bishop, the Most Rev. Katherine Jefferts Schori, recorded live July 28, 2010. Skip ahead to minute 25:50 to hear her speak about Sudan and the season of prayer. (from www.episcopalchurch.org)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Robin,
I just run to your blog, and try to read through it, it was a wonderful feeling to me, I was born in Doleib Hills 16 miles South of Malakal, I moved to the USA during the war in 1995,and currently living in the Twins Cities, USA. It was nice to see someone like you from CA, helping and teach people of Malakal with words of God. Keep up with God work and My God bless you. Feel free to contact me through the email.

Thanks

Sam Ongethi
I could be reached at: songethi@malakalcomputers.com