Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blog Welcome Page

Welcome to my Blog!
(Updated for 2019)


This Blog:

This blog is primarily an archive of my previous work as a missionary. Since returning the the US, I have used it to post information relating to my continued work with agriculture and faith. You can browse old posts by date, using the archive. General and background information, videos, and files are posted as links in the blue right hand sidebar.


Current Work:
I am a priest serving as Associate for Christian Formation at St. Cross, Hermosa Beach

Past Work:

Church Planting, CA:
I was the lay leader of Trinity Episcopal Church Gonzales, California 2011-2014. Trinity Church Gonzales was a cross-cultural, emerging church community.

South Sudan:
I was a missionary of The Episcopal Church, USA assigned as an agriculture consultant with the Episcopal Church of Sudan from October 2008 - April 2011.
Liberia:
I was in Liberia, as a member of the Young Adult Service Corps (the young adult mission program of The Episcopal Church), from September 2006- August 2007. While in Liberia I worked at Cuttington University (an Episcopal institution), where I taught agriculture and worked on developing agriculture programs, and worked on agriculture and development projects with some of the local communities. I recommend the following entries:


Overview:
Under “Mission Reports” in the blue right-hand sidebar, see:
Liberia Report Summary” for a paragraph overview of what I did in Liberia.
Growing in Liberia- Final Repot” for a detailed report of the context, work, and projects from my time in Liberia. (I also have a pdf version which includs my letters, and photos, which I can email you if you are interested).

Letters:
Beginning reflections of my work: Hand me downs and Blessings
My struggle with finding God in the destruction and poverty around me: Where is God?
A reflection on mission work, and overview of my work: Mission
After my return, text of a sermon, talking about global poverty, crisis of faith, etc:U2charist Sermon

Videos:
I have two videos, the first is Sudan the second is Liberia, in the sidebar.


Sermons:
I have sermons posted, in audio form. Go to “Sermons” in the blue right hand side bar for links to all my available sermons.
Or click here to hear one: December 3, 2008 Visalia

No comments: