Saturday, March 20, 2010

Back in Juba

It has been a joyful week of re-connecting with friends and coworkers. Juba has grown in my absence. There are two new paved roads, and new billboards. There is a large new fountain. There are campaign posters plastered everywhere, heralding the coming elections in April, the first democratic elections in a generation. The Church is busy, encouraging peace during elections time.

Please join us in praying for peaceful elections!

My work this year will be similar to last. I am continuing to assist the Archbishop and the Province of the Episcopal Church of Sudan to develop an agriculture department. This year I will be training someone to replace me, and hopefully implement some large-scale production projects. I’ll also continue with training of trainers, curriculum and systems development for the department, and advising the dioceses on agriculture issues.

No comments: